Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Anthro, Anthro (Simply Lovely Sweaterdress, Field Game Cardigan, Claudine Tee)

I am SO happy with my first Anthropologie purchases. But I think my success may have turned me into an Anthro monster! Everything is TOO. CUTE.



I had been waiting forEVER for the Simply Lovely Sweaterdress to go on sale, and my patience was finally rewarded last week. And now it's sold out! (There is no feeling in the world like snatching something up on sale right before it goes *poof* in the night!)

I was a little worried about sizing, but ended up getting my normal Medium. Now that I got it, I probably could have sized down to a Small and still been comfortable, but I like the flowy feel of the bigger size anyway.

THE COLOR! Holy. It's even more gorgeous in person. And it's so soft and comfy.

The tan boots are old, and the sad, sad flower pin is off a Gap T-shirt i got for about $3. lol. I would MUCH prefer a pin like this. So pretty!



The Claudine Tee is just as pretty in person as I thought it would be. I got it in Lilac, but it's also available in orange, navy and ivory. Size Medium in this. I bought it at full-price after my wind-rippled tee debacle (long story short: I didn't get one).

The belt is from The Limited, the skirt is Anne Klein (few years old, and somewhat ill-fitting, bah), and the boots I kept on from my sweaterdress pictures because I'm lazy because I think they go pretty well with the skirt.

Here's a close-up of the ruffles. They lay pretty nicely without too much fussing.


And last, but CERTAINLY, not least. My Field Game Cardigan!

Now, before this arrived in my mailbox the other day, I had planned on doing a "KNOCKOFF" post with this somewhat similar lace sweater at Macy's for only $24:



Oh, silly girl. THAT was before I saw this lovely in person, and, well, I can say that the details make this Anthropologie cardigan worth every penny. (OK, well, it may be WORTH it, but that doesn't mean it was any less painful to buy it at full-price.)



I saw several bloggers in this cardigan, and every one of them looked fantastic. My favorite was Maria's styling over at Infinite Whimsy. So I figured there was a good chance that this cardi might get picked up fast, so I made my move. A preemptive strike, if you will.

I styled this with my Loft jeans, Tommy Hilfiger brown mid-calf boots, Loft purple ruffle shell, and Lisa for Loft bow bracelet. The cardigan is size Medium and is fitted but fits perfectly for me.

The lace on the cardigan is actually more of an antique white, and the buttons are a really rich-looking gold. Here's a closeup:



So, yay for me, and yay for Anthro. With one quick click of a button, our love affair has been consummated. The good news is that I am absolutely willing to curb my spending at other cheaper stores because I know that I'd rather save my $$$ and buy things I love at Anthro. (Wait...is that really "good" news? Well, I guess I'm trying to say that I'll be slower to buy $40 here, $30 here, on piddly things because I realize that could be one awesome top at Anthro. So that means I'll spend less, right? Or at least spend more wisely, right?

(Um, just say "right.")

1 comment:

  1. Yay I love it all! Especially the cardigan. How pretty! And you did a good job accessorizing too! Did you see all the new stuff? Eeek I might really be in trouble now!

    ReplyDelete