Saturday, January 9, 2010

Feelin the Love: 2-Piece Dresses

The first colorblock dress that caught my eye was a few months back at Express. A white tank top with a full black skirt. I loved the fun shape, but I was too cheap to pony up 60 some dollars. Boo.

Now, I'm noticing even MORE of these adorable dresses, and in my opinion, they're even more enticing.

And no more boring black/white for me.

Instead?


FUNKY PATTERNS!


2-in-1 Dress at Express($69.50)


METALLIC TEXTURE!


Delia's Natalie Colorblock Knit Dress ($54.50)


PRETTY RUFFLES!


Delia's Regina Chambray Dress ($39.50)



BOLD COLORS!


Ellen Tracy Mock Two Piece Dress at Nordstrom ($118)


How to explain my love for these faux two pieces? I can't pinpoint it exactly. But I think it has a lot to do with the shape of the skirt, which I think would do wonders hiding my big ol' hips. Also, it emulates the "tucked-in" look without all the added drama of trying to stay neat and tidy.

Add one to my 2010 wish list....

No comments:

Post a Comment