Saturday, January 23, 2010

J.Crew Final Sale Purchase

Well, good golly ann. And I thought TWENTY percent off final sale was good.

EXTRA30 will get you 30% off final sale, plus the usual free shipping with $150.

Unfortunately, I only got 20% off for these purchases, but I'm certainly proud of myself for not pulling the trigger again JUST because other stuff I was on the fence about is even cheaper now.

I tried to pair each item with something I'd truly wear it with. As I've told my sister, I'm not very good at "completing" outfits. Something always seems to be missing, so she gave me some great tips, which I've included.


Silk posy blouse ($49.99 sale price. Available in dusty shale (blue) and ivory.)

This blouse was basically the entire rationale behind my entire purchase. I've mentioned before that it seems like a cute twist on the classic staple that is absent from my closet. I really like it. The fabric of the ivory blouse is fairly sheer, so I'll have to wear some sort of tanktop or cami underneath. I ordered a 6, but I should have gotten the 8. It pulls a little at the chest area, and, uh, that shouldn't be a problem for little ol' me. ;)

I paired it with my new skinny AE jeans, my Ann Taylor Loft old bow paisley flats, and my new Martin & Osa collar cardigan in rococo purple.

Sista says: Add a colorful belt and/or a long necklace. We're both partial to this one at Anthro.


Chiffon bow pullover ($59.99 sale price. Available in fawn and sweet papaya.)

I couldn't decide whether to get this color (fawn) or the heather grey version at first. I liked the grey because of the contrast of a white bow. It felt more vintage. And I love me some vintage. The problem was that I had a feeling the fit would be similar to the cashmere scoopneck tiered trim sweater, which I had ordered in a M a few months back and was too big in the collar.

The sizes left? Fawn in S. Or grey/white in M. Boo. You see my dilemma?

Luckily, another J.Crew fan decided for me because while I was debating, the grey disappeared. So much for that!

In the end, I think the fawn is a nice color, and it goes perfect with this old Banana Republic skirt I got at an outlet a few years back. It used to be knee-length. I never wore it once. Then, I got my mom to hem it as a cute flirty skirt and I love it!

Sista says: A wedged heel perhaps? Throw in a wide belt and you're ready for summer!


Jackie Cardigan in breeze ($29.99 sale price. Limited sizes in breeze and light pewter.)
Silk lumiere cami in soft graphite ($29.99 sale price)

I got a six in the cami, and it's a good fit. I'm a chicken so I probably would prefer it in an 8. There's a side zipper, but I was able to pull it over my head without unzipping it. The wrinkly look worries me a little, because people are probably so used to seeing me wrinkly not-on-purpose, that they may have a hard time distinguishing me wrinkly on-purpose.

The cardigan is a great fit in M. (I've heard great things about Jackie!) I think the color is nice, too, because most of my cardigans are much more vibrant. This is a nice change of pace for ::gasp:: (dare I say it???) SPRING!

(Oh, and please ignore the fact that my JCrew leaf pointelle tights are going every all which way. I was so scared that I was going to rip them, that I didn't want to tug too much. Oof.)

Sista says: Add some jewelry, and you're good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment