Sunday, January 17, 2010

OOTD: "Faux J.Crew"

I've worn this outfit two times in the past week, because so far all I'm getting is compliments, and, uh, I have to admit:

I'm a sucker for compliments!

At work, my boss commented on the ruffles, and asked where I got my shirt. "J.Crew?" she asked.

"No, no, no," I said. "Ann Taylor Loft!"

To which, she responded: "Oh, of course."

(Yes, my co-workers know ALL about my Loft obsession. It has gotten a little embarrassing when EVERY time they ask me about my outfit, it's Loft. But, hey, OBVIOUSLY, Loft must be pretty good if people are asking about my clothes whenever I wear their stuff! (Ok, ok. Rationalizing a little bit here...)



This is a closeup of the ruffles. At work, I also wore a little gold cross necklace. Nothing too overpowering since the ruffles are already stealing the show here.

I bought the ruffle tank top at Loft on super clearance a few months back, and then regretted the buy because it's more of a satin material, wrinkles easily, and kind of accentuates my "tummy bump." But I rediscovered it recently and realized, "Duh, no one cares about the tank top. It's all about the ruffles!" So it's found new life being worn underneath other layers. You can find similar ruffle tanks (and also the "real thang" at JCrew) here and here.



The blue sweater I got from American Eagle Outfitters a few months back with some credit card reward points. (It was purchased as part of my recent navy initiative. As a blue-lover, how could I have been overlooking NAVY, for goodness sake!?) It's on sale now for only $24.95, plus an extra 30% off sale! Lots of colors and sizes available.

The jeans are old Limited, I believe. And the flats are old Steve Madden herringbone bow flats. Similar here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment