Saturday, February 6, 2010

Outfit #10: Too early for a midchallenge crisis?




A little back story for you on this one. At the time of this picture, I had just tried on about a MILLION different outfits, all of which were complete failures. This is the last picture my husband took of me. After that, he told me I had to quit because I was being "unproductive." Harumph.

He also yelled at me for not smiling in all of the pictures he took. Even AFTER I told him that my head's gonna get cropped off anyway and no one's even gonna KNOW that I'm not smiling....

(You can tell I'm not smiling, can't you?)

Blegh.

I didn't know where I was going with this outfit, or what I was trying to do. AT. ALL. And, truth be told, I'm only posting this one so I can move on with my life, because in case you haven't noticed, I've been MIA for the past few days trying to will myself to try again with this outfit.

I don't mind the NY&C grey sheath dress, or the Eddie Bauer beaded cardigan. I just don't know if that red belt has any business in this outfit. And the shoes were a generous attempt at making my recent Endless purchase not a complete loss (ya know, because I never did get my vintage pumps!) Sidenote: All four of those shoes are going back.

See ya! Wouldn't wanna be ya!


Sigh.....

Poor unloved shoes.....

THE SKINNY....

"A maroon belt and platforms add color to a neutral dress and jacket." (InStyle)

Rate of difficulty to replicate: 2 (out of 5)

SUMMARY: This outfit isn't completely offensive or anything. It's just boring...or something. I think it's partly because I'm getting to the point in this challenge that I would rather be making outfits of my own instead of having to use the InStyle templates. Because upon closer examination, they take "shopping your closet" a little too far. Every time I turn around it's "Oh, THAT shirt again." Or "yep, gotta find another blazer." And when it's hard enough to replicate the first time, being creative a SECOND time is.....blegh. Am I still babbling?

OVERALL RATING: D+

No comments:

Post a Comment