Sunday, January 10, 2010

Outfit #3: On a Roll



Holla.

I nailed it!

After all my hemming and hawing about not having a long cardigan, I ended up finding this black cardi from LOFT hanging up in my office as my "emergency" sweater. It's several years old, and iit's a size Large. (I faintly remember grabbing it off a sales table trying to spend enough at LOFT to use a coupon. A "whoops" moment transformed into a "wow"!)

Um, and have I mentioned that I have a real LOFT addiction? The blouse, the pants, the shoes: All LOFT. Belt's a cheapie and the necklace was a Christmas gift.



My husband gave me a hard time when I tried these pants on in the store a few months back. He's not a big fan of the rolled-up pant or capri, in general. But I feel like they're an easy way to add a little something to an outfit (rather than my regular dark jeans).

I love the contrast of the utility pant and the gauzy blouse. Totally casual and totally me.

THE SKINNY....



"A filmy, floral top is an unexpected and unflattering partner for distressed and studded jeans." (InStyle)

Rate of difficulty to replicate: 1 (out of 5)

SUMMARY: Love, love, love. I feel completely put together in this outfit without feeling overdressed or like I'm trying too hard. Effortless. I like the longer length of the cardigan because it blends my halves together (whereas most of my cardis end right at my waist). I can see so many possibilities for this outfit!

OVERALL RATING: A+

1 comment:

  1. Good job on this one! This is the type of casual look that I am incapable of pulling together. Either I'm dressed to the nines for work or an evening out or I'm in sweatpants. No middle ground for me!

    ReplyDelete