Monday, January 18, 2010

Outfit #4: Getting Graphic



This outfit called for a wild print dress and a wild jacket. But, unfortunately, I'm pretty much a wallflower, so I don't do "graphic" prints very often. So I fell behind on my Challenge while I waited for this dress to arrive from The Limited. And then I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

(Shipping always seems slow when I order from The Limited online store. Bah.)

And then the package arrived. HOOrah!

I love the dress ($26.99; limited sizes available), especially the neckline (I think my favorite assets might actually be my shoulders? Crazy weird.) But it's a size 6, and I would definitely prefer an 8. As it is, it wrinkles in the front a little and it's just a bit snug.



As you can see, I fudged a bit on the jacket by picking an old cashmere JCrew cardigan (similar here), but I did OK replicating the length and color. Honestly, I have this cardigan (in mitten blue) on its way from Martin & Osa, which I think would work better, but I didn't want to wait any longer!!!

I also tried a denim jacket (old from Gap), but I felt a little too 1990's in this.



The tights I think are Hue from Target. And the black booties are from Payless (similar here and here).


THE SKINNY....

"Ground a wild dress and jacket with black tights and boots." (InStyle)

Rate of difficulty to replicate: 2 (out of 5)

SUMMARY: I think the long cardigan does a good job of mimicking the InStyle jacket, although you lose the funky studs and texture. But I love the black-on-bottom concept (and, of course, it has nothing to do with this outfit here. Holy) Despite the fact that I had to (yes, I HAD to. that's how dedicated I am to this blog. hehe) purchase a big-print dress, I think most people would own one. Still on the fence about this dress in particular, but I think when I find THE dress, I'll really love it.

OVERALL RATING: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment