Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Outfit #6: Sailor Chic



Ahoy, Matey!

I was honestly not very excited about re-creating this outfit. It seemed pretty boring. And I was worried that the white blazer I was planning to use (JC Penney years ago, I think?) was going to be a total flop.

And yet, it actually gets the job done competently. The length is a little shorter than the picture. And this blazer at White House Black Market that I've been eyeing is probably too much in the opposite direction, so still a no-go. (I swear, my WHBM gift card is burning a hole in my pocket!!!)

The pants and 3-4 sleeve striped shirt are...oh, don't make me say it. You know where they're from! (Loft) And the stripe is actually a lavender color so it's not *quite* the literal interpretation presented by InStyle.

Boots are Ralph Lauren calf boots (similar here).


THE SKINNY....

"Platforms and wide leg jeans elongate a crisp ensemble." (InStyle)

Rate of difficulty to replicate: 1 (out of 5)

SUMMARY: Hmmm. This outfit *does* actually elongate me. And it is crisp. Well played, InStyle. Granted, this experimentation reminds me of an old saying, "It's all in the details." The buttons on InStyle's jacket, the classic bag, and the watch/bracelet would have really set this one apart. Luckily, the jewelry aspect is pretty easy to remedy. Alas, I'm still lacking in the purse department. Overall, a simple but fun take on the sailor theme.

OVERALL RATING: B

No comments:

Post a Comment