Monday, January 4, 2010

Retail Relief (Or, Spring Style is Sprouting!)

All I can say is..... whewwwwww.....

It's been a crazy few months for me in terms of shopping.

You know that little mechanism in your head that says, "No, no, dear, that's much too expensive." or "Wait till *after* the holidays to buy things for yourself." or "Yes, I know, that woman has been standing in front of the canned peas for 5 minutes. And, there's really nothing about peas that could hold a person's interest that long. And, well, she probably doesn't *realize* that other people are waiting for the peas. And, just stay quiet until she's....GET OUT OF THE WAY AND GIVE ME SOME FREAKIN PEAS!!!"

Yeah...uh....I kinda lost that thingee for a while.

But the good news is that I have miraculously been cured----or maybe there are just no sales right now-----or maybe all the stores are plotting their next big thANGs to lure me back in even harder.


(help!)



No, no, no. It's true. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Why? Because I've seen these so-called "resort" lines(???). And.....(okay, Morales, what did you feel?)....I FELT NOTHING!

Because I do not like the warmer months. .....

You might even say that I *HATE* the warmer months.

Crazy, right? EVERYONE loves warm weather. But me? Well, I've never really liked to show off a lot of skin, and even worse, I've never really liked for OTHER PEOPLE to show off a lot of skin. So it's basically nakee hell for me for about 3 or 4 months until everyone is forced to bundle back up again.

It's one of my more deeply entrenched neuroses. But....I also have never been a fledgling fashionista during warm months before, so maybe I'll turn the other cheek this year----as long as I don't see anyone else's.

Anyone else's cheek, that is-----ahem....

But, these changing tides are good for my 2010 budget regardless. I have a few stragglers left in my shopping cart at J. Crew and Forever 21, like this belt and this sweater. But I'm holding out patiently for the best deal---if it ever comes---because I'm pretty sure I can live without them. (Well, I KNOW I can live WITHOUT everything I buy, but give me a little bit of dramatic leeway here....)

And my Anthro dresses. Don't think I forgot about you!!! Even though, it's been RIDICULOUSLY long since a markdown. My two faves (this and this) are still there in my size, so I just gotta keep up a good stalk....

And we'll see if anybody's spring lines entice me....Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment