Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Some knockoffs and a Sad story

The good news?

I found a couple of knockoff versions of cute Anthropologie items. Because, um, I *really* can't afford to like Anthropologie as much as I do. And I fear that my latest AWESOME purchases will only fuel the flame. (Which reminds me, I better go take some pics and post those! Geesh, I'm too slow.)

The bad news?

My Charlotte Russe skirt (::Sniff, sniff::) sold out online. I even tried going to the store, but it was nowhere to be found. That's what I get for being cheap. I wouldn't buy a $19.99 skirt because flat-rate shipping was $5.99. Oh, the humanity.

On to the knockoffs....

THE REAL THANG....

Beribboned Buds Cardi
($88) at Anthropologie



THE KNOCKOFF...

Grosgrain Flower Cardigan ($59.50) at the Limited
(The bonus? Not only are the pinks almost lookalikes, but the "purple" and the "heathered gray" also appear to be pretty close! But I'd probably wait for a good Limited sale before I put that chunk of change down.)



THE REAL THANG...

Feathery Tank ($68) at Anthropologie

THE KNOCKOFF...


Ruffled knit top ($9.50) at Forever21
I know, I know. It's not *nearly* as pretty as the Anthro version. And the color choices may be a'plenty, but they're certainly not as complex as Anthro's. But, hey, for under $10, I don't discriminate against ruffles.

4 comments:

  1. What Charlotte Russe skirt did you want? I think we have one of those up here that I can check out for you. Um and do not dare suggest that there is an acceptable knock-off for the Beribboned Buds Cardigan! It is one of a kind and worth every penny of the $88 (eek) I paid for it! Although the Forever 21 version of the Feathery Tank could be interesting (does it come in size XXXXXXL?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called the elastic a-line polkadot skirt. I think I posted a pic of it a few days ago. Wahhhh!! That's so nice of you to offer! But be forewarned, I was a little traumatized after my in-store visit. Brad won't even let me go in there when he's with me!

    And don't worry, the real cardigan is MUCH more glorious than the Limited imposter. :) At $59.50, I'd go ahead and pony up the extra $30. But if Limited has a good sale? Oh, it will be mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this feature! I think you should do a knockoffs feature every week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Victoria, glad you liked it! Hmmmm...I will be sure to keep my eye open for more good matches. :)

    ReplyDelete