Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Anthropologie sale this morning

Well, unfortunately, none of my recent Anthro purchases went on sale this morning so no price adjustments for me, although HOLY there are a lot of pretty dresses on sale now.

And when I say "recent Anthro purchases" I may or may not mean purchases SINCE I hit the jackpot with my sweaterdress. :)

I'll be sure to post some pics later. As has been the norm, I'm smitten with everything I brought home. My wallet, on the other hand, is giving me dirty looks.

(Oddly enough, my car is glaring at me, too. .... Well, exCUSE me, car. Like I have time to traipse around town for a silly OIL CHANGE....) I tell you, anthropomorphism has NEVER been a friend of mine. Bah.

Anyway, here are some pretty dresses on sale at Anthro that are on my wish list.


Asters Everywhere Dress ($89.95....was $178)
I love the turquoise sash on this, and this could very well be the graphic-print dress I've been searching for. I love how Anthro styled it with the cropped mustard-colored cardigan and reddish/cognac booties and grey tights.


Abstract Adornment Dress ($129.95....was $248)
This was a dress I liked from the start when Anthro styled it on their home page. I blogged about it originally here.
It actually went on sale a few weeks ago but is still hanging in there. But even at almost half-price, I'm still balking. Not to mention that one of the reviewers actually used the word "fugly" to describe the jeweled collar. (I don't know what's worse: a fugly collar, or the word "fugly." ::shudder::)


From O'Keeffe Necklace ($29.95....was $48)
Not a dress! But this necklace is so pretty! The reviewers are all saying the gold looks cheap, and it won't last. Yada, yada, yada. I have this on my wish list, and it if it's still there for my next order, then it's mine. Oh, yes, it will be mine.


Meet and Greet Henley ($39.95....was $78)
Also not a dress...But, folks, let me ask you this: Is there something seriously wrong with me? I honestly don't know why I like this shirt. And although you could probably get away with this country-bumpkin look in some big city, I'm afraid that actually WEARING this top when you are in fact A COUNTRY BUMPKIN, would be kind of, oh, I don't know, redundant?

1 comment:

  1. Did you see the Tesserae dress? It reminds me of that graphic dress Chloe featured right at the beginning of the year that was so cute. $120 is still pretty pricey though.

    ReplyDelete