Sunday, March 7, 2010

Challenge Outfits #20: (Knee) Sock it To Me!



This is the second time an outfit has called for a jean jacket, and the second time that I thought twice about using the one I own. Therefore, I think it's time to bid adieu to my years-old Gap jacket. Something about the fit just makes me feel so 1990s. It survived one move to the Goodwill basket, but I think it's going for good this time.

On a happier note, I think my J.Crew cashmere cardigan captured the feel anyway. I also wore my NY&Company white sheath dress, my new Limited flower belt (in pewter, but now also available in yellow!), my Payless black booties, and......KNEE SOCKS!

That's right: knee socks. I always love how Chloe over at The Chloe Conspiracy wears knee socks, but she hasn't really been wearing them much lately! So to fill the void I thought I'd try it myself. And I like them! I only own this one navy pair, but I often see them at Kohl's pretty cheap, so maybe I'll splurge and buy a few more cheapies. :)

Also in this outfit, is my Limited blue bag. I have no idea what item this is because it was the only one at my store and I can't find it online. But, trust me, I practically died when I saw it. So pretty! Maybe it was an old winter purse that has already sold out?

THE SKINNY....

"A print scarf and jeans jacket put a youthful spin on an elegant sheath." (InStyle)

Rate of difficulty to replicate: 2 (out of 5)

SUMMARY: I ended up getting the "youthful spin" on this outfit from the knee socks and the flower belt. Everything came together very quickly, and I feel very put together. Isn't that the best feeling? When you exert just enough effort to feel fabulous but not feel EXHAUSTED! Again, I am liking the longer length of the cardigan, and I will definitely be rocking the knee socks again.

OVERALL RATING: A

1 comment:

  1. Augh - these most recent two outfits are adorable! You look like a little model!

    ReplyDelete