Sunday, February 7, 2010

Outfit #11: Leather and Chiffon



You know what I hate?

Tucking in shirts.

I don't exactly know why. I think it has SOMETHING to do with the fact that I have a short torso----or is it a long torso?----or long legs, or, er maybe just a high leg-to-torso ratio.

WHATEVER the reason is, I look so ridiculous tucking shirts in. I always see cute tucked-in models, with cute little belts in their pant loops, and think, "Surely, I can do that." And then I try it, and I don't know, it just seems to accentuate all the wrong things.

Wait a minute....

THAT'S IT!

I got it.

................I have no waist.....................

Seriously. I have a very boxy figure. And my pants always sit low on that box, so when I try to wear a belt in my belt loops it's accentuating the hips: my widest part.

(All that just to explain why I kept my shirt untucked. Geeshh!)

So this is my Anthropologie Claudine Tee in lavender, and my White House Black Market ruffle trim jacket. And my AE skinny jeans and Payless black booties. As you probably notice, I did not quite get the same contrast of edgy/feminine as InStyle did. But goodness gracious, I am sick of working in my leather jacket, and chunky sandals, and bah, bah, bah.

THE SKINNY....

"Sequin and chiffon details turn a biker jacket from edgy to feminine." (InStyle)

Rate of difficulty to replicate: 3 (out of 5)

SUMMARY: I don't even think InStyle did a very good job on this one. In other words, I don't think that blouse really tones down the edge of that jacket at all. And, honestly, looking at my outfit? I think it would look pretty cute with a flirty, little skirt, which would certainly eliminate ANY edge. Go figure. And I SWEAR, I've already mixed "edgy/feminine," haven't I???? I'll have to look back at my first 10 outfits and see if I'm just going crazy.

OVERALL RATING: C

1 comment:

  1. I was going to say how much I liked the portrait collar of that blazer and then I realized that it's the one I bought you! Yay! I agree - InStyle is getting lazy. These last few looks haven't been fun at all!

    ReplyDelete