Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Outfit #14: Ruffle Me This




Another WHBM unveiling!

This time it's my ruffle front jacket in black. I will definitely have to get the sleeves trimmed up a bit but holy I love this jacket! I think the extra length balances out my body proportions more appropriately than shorter jackets. And the fabric is very trench-coat like. The belt is removable and SUPER LONG, so I might also see about putting in some kind of snap to secure the end because what else do I do with all that leftover belt once I cinch it?

Here's a shot without the jacket:



American Eagle skinny jeans, old Loft patterned blue/green flats, an old Limited ruffle sweater in a sort of mint green, and a 28-lb cocker spaniel. (Hi, Jack!)

I really liked this look. I felt completely "put together" without feeling like I was trying too hard. Casual vibe with solid details to spiff it up.

THE SKINNY....

"Ruffles (and a chic bag) dress up an otherwise simple jeans-and-T combo." (InStyle)

Rate of difficulty to replicate: 2 (out of 5)

SUMMARY: HOORAY! Another winner. I could totally see myself wearing this to work or a casual trip to the grocery store. Did I mention yet that I love my new jacket??!! I'm glad I splurged on it instead of buying lots of cheaper things (which is what I'd normally do with a gift card!). I can see this jacket staying in my wardrobe for a good, long while. And that seems to be the lesson here: Buy a couple of really good pieces and you can catapult lower-end clothes to the next level!

OVERALL RATING: A+

1 comment:

  1. Yay for ruffles and I love the jacket. Very nice choice!

    ReplyDelete