Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Outfit #19: Sequins and Leather




InStyle got way too specific on this one, so that I really had to cheat to make it happen. They specifically demanded a wrap top and leather pants: neither of which I own.

I tried my AE sequin top (click here) with a white collared blouse underneath, but that just looked weird. Then I tried some old Loft black capris, but they weren't fooling anybody about being leather.

So I ended up here: a white puff-sleeve collared shirt from Express, my J.Crew sequined tee, my grey jeans from NY&Company, and my Steve Madden herringbone flats.

I rolled up the jeans because I didn't feel like putting on heels, and I thought I looked dumpy with the long straight jean and flats. :) Sigh...so much of my personal style is arbitrarily based on laziness!

THE SKINNY....

"A wrap top is worn open as a vest. Pull leather pants down over boots." (InStyle)

Rate of difficulty to replicate: 5 (out of 5)

SUMMARY: Even though it's not what InStyle asked for, this is a cute, casual everyday look for me. My contrasting items are not quite as disparate (sequin tee with only slightly edgy grey jeans) as theirs, but they're a good pairing to keep me from looking TOO obnoxiously preppy. I also went T-shirt crazy with J.Crew's final sale deals in the past few months, so I have an almost-endless supply of snazzy T-shirts and I could switch up this basic outfit often to keep things fresh. So it's a win for me.

OVERALL RATING: B

2 comments:

  1. How many outfits are left? What are you going to do when you are done? You are supposed to be stylish now, right?

    This is another cute casual one. That's my biggest issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 MORE OUTFITS TO GO! By the end, I will either be stylish or I will have lost my mind. :)

    ReplyDelete