Monday, February 1, 2010

Outfit #9: It Ain't Easy Bein' Neon



Ok, ok, ok. Lol.

BEFORE you get all like, "What in the heck....?" hear me out! I was right about not finding neon in my closet. I had a bright yellow blouse from BR, and a bright orange cardi from Loft, but I felt like the LENGTH was very important to this look, and those were just too short.

So I opted for my fuschia jeweled-top sleeveless dress (from Loft).

And then I read the fine print in InStyle, and guess what....THAT'S A BLACK JUMPSUIT HIDING UNDER THERE! Ooh, sneaky. So, apparently, neon was the least of my worries.

Essentially what I did for this outfit was create a fake jumpsuit. A fake navy jumpsuit. With navy leggings from NY&C and a navy henley tee from American Eagle. That's right. A fake jumpsuit under my dress.

Moving on....

I added my black infinity-loop belt from The Limited, and my cropped black leather jacket (another tailored masterpiece by my mom out of a centuries-old Express blazer-style jacket). And my blue Enzo shoes, of course.

And because I know you're *DYING* to see my handmade jumpsuit. Here's how it looks without the jacket:



Oh, and hi there Jackers!

THE SKINNY....

"Use a wide belt to define your waist with a long cardigan and jumpsuit." (InStyle)

Rate of difficulty to replicate: 4 (out of 5)

SUMMARY: Aside from the fact that I don't think I know I'm not cool enough to wear this outfit outside of my house, I'm actually kind of impressed with my ingenuity here. Definitely got into the spirit of shopping my closet. And as far as InStyle's advice goes, I can't complain much there either. The wide belt DOES actually accentuate my waist. The bad news? As I was taking off my leggings, I noticed a huge hole right near the bottom. Oof. Haven't even taken the tags off yet. Of course, for $5 on sale, what do you expect? Maybe I'll be brave enough to invest in a better pair now.

OVERALL RATING: B+

1 comment:

  1. I think this is kind of cute! When RT goes on tour, you should wear this outfit to come to the show with me! LOL

    ReplyDelete