Monday, February 22, 2010

A Student of Film....er.....Fashion

So I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I am currently working on my master's in film studies at a local university.

My interest in film began way back in undergrad when I took a Lit & Film class, watched amazing films like Robert Altman's The Player and the Chinese Ju Dou, and I was hooked. In the next few years, I ended up doing independent studies on director Jane Campion and even a feminist reading of Taxi Driver. And then I wrote my senior thesis on drag in film.

That's right, people. Drag.

Think Some Like it Hot (1959) with Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon. Or Victor Victoria (1982) with Julie Andrews. Or my personal favorite: Juwanna Mann (2002).

So this semester I'm taking a class on film adaptations. So you can expect a few posts on

A.) FILMS WE WATCH!

and,

B.) CLOTHES I WEAR!

Technically speaking, I've already garnered enough credits without this class, but I'll do anything to put off my master's thesis a few more months! :) And to wear more clothes, too....

So my class is on Wednesday nights, so expect these posts late that night....if I can keep up, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment