Thursday, March 11, 2010

Outfit #22: A Waist of a Good Sweater



I think the proportions on my recreation need a little tweaking. Maybe a longer skirt? Or a wider belt? Or high heels to elongate my legs?

As of right now, this isn't wowing me. Mostly because it kind of accentuates my boxy figure.

I'm wearing a turquoise Ann Taylor sweater, my Loft skinny bow silver belt, my White House Black Market ponte seamed mini skirt (click here), Hue black tights, and my Steve Madden herringbone flats.

I've discovered some interesting information about flattering your figure, which I will be posting about soon, and, hopefully, being the studious knowledge-lover that I am, I will be able to put these style lessons into good practice!

THE SKINNY....

"Style a thin sweater like a shirt by tucking it into a tight skirt." (InStyle)

Rate of difficulty to replicate: 1 (out of 5)

SUMMARY: I think to make this work, I will most definitely need SOME kind of belt to accentuate that I really do have a waist, I promise! I'm thinking the wider, the better. But if you notice, even InStyle cheats a little in its pic. I mean, just LOOK at that girl's hip jutting out on the left. Just enough to make it look like she has some booty/curves, when I really doubt she has any whatsoever.

OVERALL RATING: D+

No comments:

Post a Comment