Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Outfit #24: Shiny, Happy People



I got to bust out my new WHBM jacket again! (similar here)

As I've mentioned in posts before, I am seriously lacking in the graphic-print department, so this old vintage-feel Ann Taylor Loft dress will just have to do. I added black tights and my black oxford booties.

Oh, yeah, and a DIY black-bead necklace.

I like this outfit, but, um, I don't have much to say about it! And I guess it's hard to compare one strand of black beads to the chunky InStyle version, but ... seriously?

THE SKINNY....

"Shiny jet beads are an unexpected way to punch up an ensemble." (InStyle)

Rate of difficulty to replicate: 2 (out of 5)

SUMMARY: OK, a chunky necklace is easy enough to find so I can't fault them for that. But is InStyle really trying to tell me that it's the BEADS that make its outfit? Clearly, it's the print of the dress. I mean, I'd go so far as to guess that ANY shiny black object would add a little extra shine: earrings, a bracelet, a belt, shoes....but I wouldn't call it "unexpected." I think InStyle was grasping for straws on this one... Kudos for me though; I like my outfit.

OVERALL RATING: A

1 comment:

  1. I can't even see the necklace in the In Style photo. You are right - the dress is obviously the focal point. This outfit is really cute though!

    ReplyDelete