Thursday, March 25, 2010

Outfit #25: Jocularity, Jocularity!


American Eagle blue/white striped Tee
White blazer (JCPenney)
Fossil brown belt
Gap grey skirt
Ann Taylor black pumps
Ooh, and my cool outlet sunglasses, baby...

The title of this post really doesn't have anything to do with my outfit today. Except that the word "jaunty" for some reason reminds me of the world "jocularity," which reminds me of an old M*A*S*H episode where everyone does funny impressions of Father Mulcahy. Yes, I'm random.

Except maybe I'm *NOT* so random, because "jocularity" means jokes and "jaunty" means dapper. And it's hard to look dapper *without* feeling just a little silly now, isn't it?

So that's what I did here. I embraced my jocular, jaunty self. :)

And surprisingly, it worked really well! I think it helped because I had a vision or a feel for what the final product would be, so I was able to pick items from my closet with a purpose.

THE SKINNY....

"Rolling up your jacket sleeves makes a nautical top even jauntier." (InStyle)

Rate of difficulty to replicate: 1 (out of 5)

SUMMARY: I like being jaunty! This outfit was pretty easy to put together, but its "nautical theme" gives it the illusion of being stylish and creative. I plan on rocking this several times this spring. But, uh, check out those gams, ladies...I guess the InStyle pic is a little smaller in proportion to mine, so I'll pretend like THAT explains why Ms. Model's legs are about twice as skinny as mine. Scary!

OVERALL RATING: A+

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love this outfit- too cute! And you definitely don't want that model's chicken legs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! and i agree. those ain't no human legs she's got there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I like this one a lot!

    And obviously the model has been stretched out to look taller. She looks really freakish next to your picture!

    ReplyDelete