Thursday, March 25, 2010

Visions of Sugar Bears Dancing in My Head

What a yicky day!

It's pretty dreary out this morning and I just got back from my aerobics class so I'm pooped.

And I am in the biggest funk in the world! Ooh, I hate days like this....

I've actually been like this since I found out about Sandra Bullock and her [insert the worst word you can conjure] of a husband Jesse James. Seriously?!?!

I usually don't give a hoot about celebrities or their lives, but for some reason this is hitting me in a pretty uncomfortable place. I think it might have to do with Bullock's movie persona being so damn likable. It's like I've grown up with her and she's my cool, funny friend. (awwkkkwardd....!) And Betty White likes her in real life, so geez, she's gotta be awesome, right?

And the timing of it all! Just when she got her Oscar and she should be out enjoying all her Blind Side premieres, she has to back out and deal with this crap. Just when you think you're on the top of the world, life kicks you in the butt.

So, that's getting me down, PLUS all this health care shenanigans. I honestly "hid" about half of my friends' status updates on Facebook because it was getting where every time I logged on I was having heart palpitations! I have purposely stayed out of the entire debate because (lucky for me) I don't have much vested interest in health care personally, and I've got a mixed extended family of Dems/Reps so even the mere MENTION of the subject brings on too much anxiety for me. But now I just read in our paper that one of our government representatives (and his brother!?) are getting HARASSED because of his vote.

Seriously, people, can't we all just get along?

Sigh....So that's my rant for the day. I feel so bummed that I allowed myself an extra trip to Starbucks this morning. I usually either get a Caramel Macchiato or a White Chocolate Mocha, depending on who's working. (If it's someone I'm familiar with, I trust them with the macchiato! Otherwise I just go for sugary sweetness...mmmm....)

I lucked out this morning and saw some familiar faces, so my yummy macchiato will go perfectly with my leftover NY Cheesecake Pancakes from IHOP last night!

Anyway, here is my outfit from yesterday (Wednesday). It features my new Three Beacons Belt which is soooo off-center....lol......sorry about that. It *JUST* fits me. As mentioned in the site reviews, it's pretty flimsy leather and the inside is very rough, so I could see it potentially roughing up a delicate blouse underneath. If I size it right, I can angle it down in a V like the product style pic, but I haven't tried to wear it that way all day so it might not stay very well. Since this is my first "nice" belt and I needed a brown wide belt, I'm happy with it. But maybe if you're looking for this to fit a special niche in your closet, you may be disappointed.


J.Crew necklace Tee
Loft sweater vest
Three Beacons Belt at Anthro in neutral (here)
Seychelles Rita in light grey (here)
Loft Marisa coin-pocket pants in classic blue (here)

And, last but not least, I come to the subject of my post title: sugar bears. In all the sadness and despair that is the world right now, there exists one thing that makes me uncontrollably happy.

I first saw these critters being sold at the mall, and then they were mentioned in a question on Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? (don't judge, people! It's either that or The Doctors!) Apparently, they're also known as sugar "gliders" because they are like Rocky the Flying Squirrel and can glide around...wheee!!!!



This picture is from a website that sells these "pocket-size" pets. I'd rather just see these little critters bopping around the Blue Ridge Mountains than in people's homes, but they're adorable nonetheless.

And THAT, my friends, is how you get yourself out of a funk: Starbucks, pancakes, and sugar bears...

1 comment: