Thursday, April 15, 2010

28 Days: A Challenge Reflection Piece (aka Zombies, Rehab and Two Georges)



So, is it just me, or does anyone else get the movies 28 Days Later and 28 Days mixed up?

Being a big fan of Sandra Bullock's, I'm pretty embarrassed to admit that I use the two film titles interchangeably to refer to both her wreck-of-a-girl-in-rehab story and droves of man-eating zombies.

But then again, it took me years before I recognized that George Hamilton (yeah, that really TAN guy) was not George Harrison (mmhmmm, the famous Beatle). So, hey, Sandra, don't take it too personally....

So, where was I? That's right. 28 Days.

Well, more accurately, 28 Outfits.

Because this challenge DEFINITELY took me a lot longer than 28 days (Ninety-nine days, to be exact...) And it had its ups and downs: items I got sick of, looks I laughed at, and even some enlightening combinations. Some of the items I used had been hiding in my closet for years. Some made only a brief appearance in my house before getting sent back to their respective stores.

I made this collage of all 28 outfits a while ago, and it really has no purpose, but dagnamit, I spent all that time cropping and pasting and lining up. So here it is.

Moral: Don't mix boredom and Microsoft Paint, people....



Pretty!

The best part of this challenge is that I created some great outfits that I can now access more readily. And I've also discovered that as much as I say I rely on copycat style, it's difficult *NOT* to inject a little of your personal style along the way. I mean, at some point, you have to realize you don't have all the exact pieces (and, no, dear, as much as you'd like to, you *cannot* go out and buy each one...).

So, as much trouble as this little project was, I am actually going to miss it! The good news is that I still have many InStyle magazines to go in my subscription, and hopefully there will be many more opportunities for challenges! I'm already dreaming up a color challenge based on an article from a few issues ago.

Hey, I've got my finger on the pulse, baby.....


...............hmmm...............



..........Would you believe.......LAST month's pulse?.........

2 comments:

  1. There's an episode of the Office where Pam says that she mixes those movies up too so you are in good company!

    I think you did a good job. I'm actually a little jealous - you seem to have learned how to work with the concepts of creating an outfit as opposed to just copy catting something (which is all I can do!)

    Yay for finishing - come up with another challenge to do next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anxiously awaiting new installments :-)

    ReplyDelete