Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'm Back! And Here's What I Wore Many Fridays Ago...

Oh, hello there, blog world!

Sorry for my extended absence. As you may have noticed by now, I'm an all-or-nothing kind of girl. Either I'm constantly thinking about posting or..... not so much.

These few weeks have been a nice little break for me: no film class and a brief interim for some of my aerobics classes! Whoopee! And even better----?

On Friday night, I had a special date with my hubby. We went to see Aaron Neville in concert!

..............?Huh?.................

Now, don't pretend. I *KNOW* you all know who Aaron Neville is. Why? Because he sang the cotton song in those commercials way back when: "The touch, the feel of cotton....the fabric of our livesssssss"

AND he sang that duet with Linda Ronstadt (I think): "I don't know much....but I know I love you......let that be all I need to know...."

Right?

Of course, right.

Admittedly, I am not technically an Aaron Neville fan, and I am getting flak from every person I mention this special date to (including husband!). But this is all part of my 2010 Social-Outing Revitalization Program. Husband and I (if left unpressed) will sit and play video games all night long----which is OK every now and then-----but everyone needs a little excitement on Friday night!

Enter stage-right: Aaron Neville. Performing with our local symphony orchestra. It's actually part of a pretty neat music series. In the past few years, we've seen the orchestra play with Kool & The Gang and Art Garfunkel and loved both shows. My mom and dad even saw Olivia Newton John. (Hey, we may be in the boonies, but we know music legends when we see 'em!) So I knew we'd have fun with "The Cotton Ad Guy" just as well.

And the bonus of our new "going-out" initiative is that I get to wear some of my cute underappreciated clothing! So I'll post my Aaron Neville review and outfit in the next few days. Which reminds me...I never posted my outfit I wore to go see Jerry Seinfeld perform, did I? Or the last three movies in my film class? Or all my new Anthropologie goodies......? Hmmm...add those to my humongoid to-do list this week. ::wink, wink::

In the meantime, here's a little peek at what I wore TWO Fridays ago. Yes, I am behind. But in congruence with my all-or-nothing attitude, I continued my 50s vintage theme through the Easter weekend so style-wise this should actually get you all pretty up-to-date! So expect more in the same vein to come!

Oh, and have I mentioned that I *love* my Tranquil Flow Tunic? I got it on sale and it fits perfectly. I don't quite understand why it seems to be lingering in sale with so many colors and sizes left. The color is vibrant; the length is perfect over cropped pants. It comes with a nice sash, and I've also already worn it with my brown Three Beacons Belt. I guess maybe it's hanging around online because it's more of a cold-weather piece---I can see myself sweating up a storm on a hot summer day.

Regardless....I'll be wearing it whenever I can, and if I were a rich man (dadaDAdadada...) I would buy the other two colors, too....


Tranquil Flow Tunic in turquoise, size 8 (on sale at Anthro!)
AE skinny jeans, cuffed----expect more cuffing to occur in the future!! I like it!
Seychelles Ritas in light grey (aka Ringsend Heels at Anthro)

1 comment:

  1. You are so funny! More people should read your stuff :-) I love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete