Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Outfit #28: Last One, Ladies!



And here it is, folks. Outfit #28. The Last Hurrah. The Grand Finale. The Be-All and End-All. And so on and so forth.

For this outfit, I pulled out my Limited studded rose clutch purse (see closeup below).



I pined over this bag for what had to be months. And I watched the price slowly drop....and drop....and drop......I ended up literally buying it for about $6 on final sale. Whahh?

It's not at all like anything else I own. Maybe that's why I was so attracted to it.... (At least that's what Paula Abdul and Skat Kat would try to tell me....)

Anyhoo, I threw in my Seychelles Ritas, an old polka dot blouse from the Limited, and some AE skinny jeans. The blouse is nice because the black lower half is actually a stretchy material that I think is slimming and comfy to boot. I always feel very vintage-cool in this shirt. Must be the polka-dots.

THE SKINNY....

"A spiked bracelet and leopard bag give a downtown vibe to a ladylike top." (InStyle)

Rate of difficulty to replicate: 1 (out of 5)

SUMMARY: I'm proud of myself on this one for mimicking the original outfit's components without relying on a literal translation. A good one to end my challenge on, I must say. Overall, I think this challenge may have turned me into an accessories monster though. Before this, I never really thought about how to "complete" my outfits. Now I see how acutely the right bag or the right shoe can change your entire look!

OVERALL RATING: A

2 comments:

  1. I think you did a good job on the challenge of not taking the things too literally - I still see a brown jacket and think, "Uh on I don't have one of those!" Yay for being done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you can take on the challenge of how to look great at summer camp ;-)

    ReplyDelete