Sunday, August 29, 2010

2010 Emmy Awards: My Favorite Dresses

So in the past few months, I've oftentimes considered returning from my blogging hiatus. But with each passing day, I felt more and more intimidated by my welcome-back post.

Truth is, in my time away from posting to my own blog, I've discovered more and more amazing blogs out there---and the more I find, the more I wonder what on earth I could possibly offer to the table! The good news, however, is that after an extremely busy, anxiety-inducing, blegh-fashionless summer, I am SO excited for the impending fall season. I promise to be absolutely in my element, folks. And now that many of my stressful commitments are out of the picture, I am actually enjoying commuting to work every day and getting dressed!

At any rate, I'd like to shake things up a bit here at The Square Root of Style, so stay tuned for some changes coming up....

Now onto the current topic at hand:

Can I just say that I *loved* the Emmys this year?

The pacing of the show was great, and host Jimmy Fallon (who normally leaves Husband and I cringing a little bit on his late night show) was easygoing and pretty funny! For some of the behind-the-scenes awards, they asked nominees questions like "what did your mom want you to be when you grew up?" and "when did you get your first laugh?", giving writers and directors a chance to broadcast their personalities a little more.

As for my favorite star fashions, I think everyone looked nice, but very few people wowed me. My favorite was Claire Danes, although to be completely honest, it may just be because she went on stage so many times, that she had the most time to grow on me! Hmmm...so I guess I should be watching this Temple Grandin flick, eh?


Also loved Tina Fey. In a world of strapless dresses, I always appreciate women who look for different silhouettes. In this case, I loved the texture of the satin, and whatever that overlay is made out of. She looked super modern and fun.


And loved Keri Russell the second I saw it. Granted, it seems maybe a little too casual for the Emmys, but as a dress to a wedding, or on a summer date night? Pink perfection.


All the photos are from InStyle's Emmy red-carpet wrapup here.

2 comments:

  1. You're back! Hurray! I hope this is the first of many posts this fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about to say the same thing! Keep on writing! :-)

    ReplyDelete