Saturday, September 25, 2010

Outfit of the Day: Anniversary Date

As promised, here is my outfit from our anniversary date on Thursday night! A few years ago, Husband and I instituted an international theme for all our special occasions. On top of this, we have a special place in our heart for one particular restaurant. It used to be a post office, but had since been renovated into a restaurant.

We had one of our first Valentine's Day dinners there, and we loved it! We decided we would always go there for Valentine's Day, but unfortunately, we only got to go one more time before (wah!) they closed it! A few months later, they opened a Spanish restaurant in its place, so we went there, and it was just horrible. LOL.  We had a mushroom appetizer that was really slimy, and we shared a paella entree that was gritty! Despite all the flaws, it was still "our place," so we figured they had a year to work out all the kinks for our next outing! Unfortunately, this eatery didn't make it, either.

But a few months ago, ::gasp!:: restaurant number three opened! This time, it was casual dining. I had been planning for weeks to wear my new Leifsdottir Feliciana Dress for our anniversary, but I was worried that it was a little too fancy so I tried to dress it down with my flats (initially, I was going to wear my black heels and a silver cuff bracelet). Lucky for you, we had tons of trouble finding a spot to take our picture (it was super sunny, and Husband kept yelling at me not to put the camera on the trashcan!) so my feet got cut off anyway! You can envision my feet however you would like. :)


You see, Husband and I have perfected the art of taking our picture without anybody's help. First of all, it's fun. We feel totally silly putting our camera on tables and trashcans and chairs, but sometimes it's fun not to take yourself too seriously! And second, we're both pretty shy, so it's usually torture to decide who is approachable to ask for help. (And it's very common that people walking by offer to help without us having to ask. Bonus!) So I thought it would be fun to show some of our creative pictures over the years. Enjoy!

Here's Husband and I in the lounge of our cruise ship to Alaska last summer:
I love the look of this skirt and shirt together, but I accidentally washed this skirt afterward and it's dry-clean only. Ruined. ::cry::

And here's Husband and I on our honeymoon in Savannah at the birthplace of Juliette Gordon Low (the founder of Girl Scouts!): 
Squatting is an essential pose to learn when taking pictures with inanimate photographers...

And here we are at the lake earlier this year. I caught my first fish that day!:
The one-handed quick pic: A classic.

Oh, and in case you're wondering? Restaurant Number Three was a hit. We had a crab-cake appetizer (yummm), and we both got chicken salad. (Well, he got a chicken-salad sandwich, and I got a grilled chicken salad. Both yummy!) For dessert, we got two pieces of pie and ice cream to-go and ate it at home on the couch. Perfection!

3 comments:

  1. You guys are too funny. I need to figure out how to take unassisted photos for my WHat I Wore posts! LOL

    And I like that dress. I don't remember you saying you got it. Very pretty and I'm glad the new restaurant was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you might also try a gorillapod :) also handy for taking pics w/o assistance! love the leifsdottir dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh! i just googled a gorillapod---that's totally awesome! lol. that would be even more fun to take pictures with on vacation....they even have magnetic ones! and it's just the type of gadget that husband would love to try.... thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete