Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Outfit of the Day: Date Night

On my way home from work tonight, I met my husband for dinner at a Mexican restaurant. We don't eat out very often so sometimes we initiate a spur-of-the-moment date. For some reason, driving separately makes it seem like more of a special occasion than just loading ourselves in the same car after hemming and hawing about what's for dinner. And I must say that after a long day at work, it's exciting to reunite with your spouse away from home and all its distractions (why did you park in the garage? did you get the mail? turn on some lights!! BARK BARK BARK!)

After a hearty meal, we went home and watched Date Night with Steve Carrell and Tina Fey. It was cute, but I think having those two in a movie together is simultaneously genius and foolish. On the one hand, they're the two funniest people on TV (in my opinion): Why WOULDN'T you want them joining forces on-screen? On the other hand, that's a lot of pressure. How on earth can you make a film that lives up to such expectations?

But at the end of the day, this film is like any other film individually starring Tina Fey or Steve Carrell (for instance, Baby Mama or Dan in Real Life). It's not always laugh-out-loud funny, but it's still endearing and fun to watch.

Speaking of old married couples, Husband and I celebrate our fourth wedding anniversary on Thursday! We're planning another date night, and I can't WAIT to get dressed up for our special evening night. Stay tuned!

Today was a little breezy in the morning, but by the time I got to work, it was hot, hot, hot, again. I'm wearing an old Loft grey chiffon-bow tee and grey sleeveless long sweater vest. Also my American Eagle red ballet flats and Anthropologie AG Stevie Crops and Sunken Ship Necklace, both of which I snagged on sale. And big surprise: my Circle Game Belt and Boden Messenger Bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment