Sunday, September 5, 2010

Outfit of the Day: A Rose is a Rose Tank

I didn't really have any fancy plans for this long holiday weekend. In fact, I get paid by the hour, so I'm a little peeved that the post office and bank will be closed on Monday, effectively preventing me from getting any hours in! Grrr!

I am, however, planning a Labor Day Tea Party for me and my parents on Monday. For some reason, I *love* having afternoon tea. When we took a family cruise to Alaska a few years back, I always loved going to the ship's dining room, picking out my tea for the day, and eating little finger foods. It just seems so refined and upper-class, what I lovingly refer to as "pish-posh." Plus, the size of the food is perfect for trying lots of new things!

My mom just gave me a cookbook "for girls" that has all kinds of great sweets, so I'm going to pick some recipes out (along with making some cucumber sandwiches), and we'll be set!

In the meantime, Husband and I have been enjoying the outdoors walking the puppies, swimming at our in-laws' house, and going to a minor league baseball game.

We heard it through the grapevine that everyone was supposed to wear "red" for the baseball game, but when we got there, it would seem that most people didn't get the memo! Oh, well. WE had team spirit at least!

I wore my spring Rose is a Rose tank from Anthropologie, my new Gap embossed floral belt, some old J.Crew khaki shorts, and my Sperry Top-siders.

I'm still trying to figure out how to dress in a flattering way to my body, but it's harder than it looks to figure out your own shape! I recently asked Husband to help me figure out my face shape so I could get some bangs cut, and we sat flummoxed for at least twenty minutes (is ovalish-rectangle a category? maybe angular-circle?).

Oh well, so this outfit may be a little bottom-heavy, also that I might be on a safari to hunt sabre-tooth tigers in Brazil, or what my mother would euphemistically refer to as "old-timey Girl Scout," I think. LOL. But, anyway, I wear shorts so infrequently that I figured I should post this before I changed my mind!

And who is my furry friend? It's team mascot MUGSY! Poor Mugsy was in the clearance bin at the team store because (our theory) he's being phased out since the team changed their name a few seasons ago. I hope he and girlfriend Misty have good retirement plans...

1 comment: