Friday, September 10, 2010

Outfit of the Day: Starbucks & Feeding Ducks

Today is Starbucks & Feeding Ducks Day!

In actuality, this is just another name for me and husband playing hooky. :)

For my Labor Day tea party, the Internet told me that cucumber sandwiches must be dainty and therefore must be crustless. Therefore, I diligently cut off all the crusts for a loaf's worth of tiny, dainty sandwiches. (FYI, cutting bread is quite difficult....especially, very cheap white bread....)

I had a bag full of crusts leftover, so Husband and I decided we should share the wealth with our local, friendly ducks! This was also a good opportunity to lay to rest my love for the Mallard Bay Cardigan, now sold out online at Anthropologie. I TOTALLY thought it was quirky enough that it would get a second cut before it became unavailable! ::Sniff, sniff:: Apparently, ducks are more popular than I thought.

Anyway, there's a nice pond a few miles away from our house, and there were about 40-50 ducks just waiting for us when we arrived! (Also, two cops arresting some dude. Husband says it's doubly embarrassing to get arrested before 10:30 AM.)

Apparently these ducks know the drill because as soon as we sat down, several of the bigger ones hopped right out of the water and waddled over to us. Husband and I like to attribute personalities to the ducks and play favorites with the scrawniest specimens. For instance, we found a million-year-old duck. And a white duck rockin' an afro (see below). And one brazen duck that bit Husband's hand while trying to get the bread. (Apparently, Mr. B.A. Duck has never heard of Aesop...)

Then we went to Starbucks, and Husband got a smoothie and I got a caramel macchiato. All in all, a fun day.

Now Husband is cutting the grass, and pretty soon we will be getting ready for Liza Minnelli tonight! Honestly, I don't know much about Liza....except that she was on Arrested Development (loved!) and Cabaret (haven't seen it...) and she's Judy Garland's daughter. Oh, and she's been married a lot. :) Despite my ignorance, I'm sure it will be lots of fun. Be on the lookout for my outfit post---I can't wait to get all dolled up!

In the meantime, here is my casual duck-feeding outfit, featuring my new Knotted Satchel, my Loft green tee, old Loft pants, and Sperry Top-siders. (I made it extra big today so you could get the full experience of my wrinkledness!)

2 comments:

  1. The duck sweater is sold out online???? Why didn't you get it on the weekend shopping excursion?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. In person, I was not as smitten! Also, it was a Small, and I definitely would have preferred a Medium. I really liked the pattern, but it was kinda itchy, too. :)

    ReplyDelete