Friday, September 10, 2010

Reviews: Knotted Satchel and Epicene Ponytail Holder

Bows, bows and more bows!

Since I rarely make purchases at Anthropologie at regular price, I don't usually get a chance to post reviews that are pertinent for other shoppers. However, two of my recent purchases are still available in the sale section, so let's get to it!

The Epicene Ponytail Holder is on sale for $9.95 and comes in three colors: brown, black, and white. I got the black and the white (both "ditzy" floral patterns). They're very cute in person! I was a little tentative when putting the bow in my hair at first, because I didn't know how sturdy it was. Once I toughened up though, it went on easy; it twisted three times and fit snugly in my hair.

I don't know how straight the bow will stay, but maybe that's a good thing, right? Maybe being slightly off-kilter makes it a little less precious.

It's cute! But ultimately it's still a hairbow for $9.95. If you're interested in the bow at all, I would consider this a justified splurge (is there such a thing?).










Next up is the Knotted Satchel on sale for $39.95. Online is still available in red. I got the purple.

The pattern is adorable. There's a floral pattern on the inside of the pockets and on the open side of the top flap. There's two zipper compartments and a smaller little pouch on the inside to put something small.My only concern is the big bow. As you can tell from my pictures below, the bow IRL is not nearly as perfectly molded as it appears in the product pic.


Granted, the bow was packaged and shipped to me all tightly squeezed in tissue paper. So maybe once I fluff it out a bit and it breathes a little, this will become a non-issue. Or maybe I'm just a little too obsessive about perfect bow symmetry than is good for my mental health.....



I photographed the bag empty, so I'm thinking that the shape will be more aesthetically pleasing when it bulks up a bit. For $40, I think this is a super unique and cute bag.

Finally, here is a close-up of my sad bow!







1 comment:

  1. Hey, you got some good deals! I like the ponytail holder. I've been wanting to try some Anthropologie hair accessories and haven't done that yet, but I do have an Anthropologie hat that I like (and that fits me even though I have a big head).

    ReplyDelete