Friday, October 22, 2010

OOTD: The Big Picture

The good thing about keeping a blog is that you get a broad overview of your outfits. This helps me every morning because A.) I can easily remember outfits I liked/disliked; B.) see what clothes I naturally gravitate toward so that I can refine my own personal style; and C.) notice trends in my wearing habits so that I can shake things up a bit!

After looking back into some of my outfits recently, I've noticed that I have a real menswear-obsession. LOL. I already knew this, of course, but I was still pretty shocked at all the neutrals and suit-like materials I've been flaunting recently. I think my sister's comment on my "Denim on Denim" post about my reminding her of Meathead from All in the Family finally put me over the edge. LOL.

So, today, I decided to pull out the "girly vibe" in my wardrobe. Well...I tried to pull out the "girly vibe." :)

I'm still wearing my navy pin-stripe pencil skirt, which is part of an old suit from LOFT. (Tangential Question: If I bought the suit when LOFT was still Ann Taylor Loft, can I honestly say it's from LOFT? That seems to belie the store's less fashion-forward past...also known as, when I could actually afford shopping there every weekend....Hmmmm......)

I'm also wearing an old (ann taylor) Loft purple cardigan, and my new Mrs. Woodward's Camisole (on sale!). I was going to wear my Circle Game Belt, but switched it out for a cheapie alligator-print one from NY&Co. because I didn't want it to be too matchy-matchy with my Seychelles Kiss at Midnight Mary Janes (aka Anthro's Hidden Sun Mary Janes).

In Anthropologie's styled pics, these shoes looked a lot more orange, but in person these are more subdued (Endless.com calls it Saddle Tan, if that helps). I was disappointed when I pulled them out of the box, yes, but it's probably for the best. "Real orange" shoes might be a little too far out of my comfort zone, and as far as fit, these shoes are top-notch in my regular size 9 so I'll probably get lots of wear out of them as a more neutral color. (Sometimes I size down to an 8.5 in Seychelles, but these are OK, albeit a little gap in the back.) Even easy to walk in! I only got a small little blister on my right pinky toe. :)

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Okay:

    1) I did not say you looked like Meathead from All in the Family. I said your post title of Denim on Denim REMINDED me of Meathead but then I saw your outfit and thought it looked cute. Lawyered.

    2) I did not know that Ann Taylor Loft was not called Loft. I thought that was just a trendy shorthand that bloggers used. I am a traitor to my blog namesake it seems.

    3) I like those shoes. They remind me of shoes I bought ages ago and never wore because the heel was teeteringly high. I might need them.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahha....OK, you got me on a technicality....lol.

    and, yeah, Ann Taylor Loft has been going through some serious re-branding lately. I guess they're trying to set themselves apart from the more sophisticated ann taylor, and have an identity of their own or something? Very intriguing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm completely enjoying your blog... I checked it out ages ago one time when Kathleen had mentioned it; but I completely love it now that you are updating more often and adding all of the OOTDs. Also, after months of searching I think that I have almost found my body double in you... yipee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. naima, yay! i'm glad you're enjoying the blog. and i hope our sizing similarities are helpful! :)

    ReplyDelete