Sunday, October 17, 2010

OOTD: Head Gear

Blog readers, meet Mr. Bones.

Mr. Bones, meet my blog readers.

There. Now that we're all properly introduced, we can get on to my outfit of the day. Well, it's not really an entire outfit worthy of posting, but I did finally break out my Target fedora. Have you all seen that TV ad for Target where the woman is debating whether she wears hats? And she imagines she's wearing her hat, walking in an apple orchard, commenting on her handsome husband and perfect children. And then she's back in Target, looks at the cheap price of the hat, and says she "totally" wears hats.

I love that commercial. Because I think it's genius! It's exactly how I feel about hats, and it's EXACTLY what happened in Target when I bought my Fedora. I think it was $12. For $12, I can try wearing hats. (I also instructed my mom at the time that it was her duty to make sure I actually do wear the hat...That was like 5 months ago! Way to go Mom! :P)

We went to Dunkin Donuts this morning for breakfast, and I figured that sitting in a car in a drive-thru was a good way to ease into fedora-dom. Now I'm sitting on the couch watching football further breaking in my hat.

I've never really been an "accessories" person, and I still don't really wear jewelry all that often. But lately I have been totally crushing on hats and gloves and scarves and leg warmers(?!?!) for fall.  So I have big plans this fall for my accessorizing.

I'm wearing my boot-cut LOFT jeans, my navy Keds, my Target fedora, and an old Radiohead concert Tee that my Husband bought for himself but in the completely wrong size----so I inherited it!

3 comments:

  1. Well, you are totally a hat person and that is why I encouraged you to buy the hat! Wear it often and proudly (and sassily)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm not sure if i can trust your objectivity...i know all about your plans for a hat-wearing revolution! LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen that commercial, but I can totally picture it in my mind. Is that weird? LOL

    I like the hat. Remember in like 1990 when I wanted a black hat soooo bad because Debbie Gibson always wore them? I never got up the nerve to actually get one so I will just live vicariously through your drive through/couch hat wearing self! LOL

    ReplyDelete