Thursday, October 14, 2010

Shoe Reviews: Urban Outfitters

It's another round of shoe reviews. I ended up returning all three of my last pairs (the Cheerrio booties, the oxfords, and the Peroxys). Boo! I figured that I'm not rich enough to keep shoes that I'm only feeling lukewarm about. I will eventually find the shoes of my dreams. It just might take a little bit more effort.

I had tons of fun taking pictures of these shoes, so I'll let the photos do most of the talking. I think I'm keeping both heels, but the oxfords are another bust.

On to the reviews!.....

Deena & Ozzy Suede Heel Boot in maroon. Regular size 9.
The color of these shoes is gorgeous. They look so plush and expensive. There's a little bit of room in the back of the heels, but not anything troublesome. I was initially worried that the wine color might limit the possibilities, but now looking at it with these neutral bottoms, I think it's a neat pop of color!


UO Suede Pump in red. Sized down a half size to 8.5.
I think these are the great shoes that Kendi Everyday always wears on her blog (and raves about!) If they are, then I can see why. They're very comfortable (I sized down to an 8.5 on the Website's recommendation) and they're super cute. The red is more of a coral/orange, but that just gives them extra character in my opinion. These will work with skirts and pants alike. 


Deena & Ozzy Toe Cap Oxford Shoe in grey. Regular size 9.
Another pair of oxfords, another fail. I'm kinda torn about these, but Husband flat-out hated the shiny toes. In looking at the pictures though, I think the contrast in fabric might actually help the look because it adds dimension to the otherwise squatty-leg flat shoe. I'll keep looking. Someday my perfect oxford will find me...

 


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the first two pairs! WOuld you consider keeping both? And too bad about the oxfords - you'll find a pair eventually.

    And is that an Acting Out Skirt I see? Take off the tags - you look adorable in it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the acting out skirt! and the UO pumps! together...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay I'm glad you both like the pumps! And the Acting Out Skirt. :) Kathleen, I think I probably WILL keep both shoes!! I can't resist. Although I do feel a little weird buying red shoes and orange shoes in the same order. lol.

    ReplyDelete