Thursday, November 4, 2010

OOTD: Denim Weekend

Today is rainy and cold, and I'm exhausted because I stayed up too late playing Rock Band 3 with Husband last night, so I'm not planning on getting too dressed up today. Lucky for us, I still have a few outfit pics that I never posted.

This outfit is what I wore for part of my belated-birthday bash over the weekend. We went to eat at Outback Steakhouse (alice springs chicken and bloomin onion----yum!), after we went to a performance of monster Broadway songs by some local high schoolers. It was good, but we were kind of shocked at how much all the Broadway plays borrowed from other media (Shrek....Rocky Horror Picture Show....Little Shop of Horrors...Beauty and the Beast....Evil Dead....lol) Obviously, it's safer for production companies to invest in a project that already has a built-in fan base, but it's kind of embarrassing how shamelessly they fall back on "sequels" and "adaptations." Anyway...


This is my LOFT denim tunic paired with a J.Crew navy perfect-fit tee, my Stormy Plaid Tights, my Miz Mooz boots, and my brand-new River Bow Necklace that my sister got me for my birthday! I wore it straight out of the gift box. :) And it just went on sale so I'm crossing my fingers that Kathleen can get a price adjustment!!!

I ordered a few pairs of boots from Endless yesterday (I am seriously a shoe-trying fiend...) and they should be arriving in the next few days, so I'll keep you posted. I'm looking for a casual low boot, similar to the Nine West Peroxy that I reviewed here. I keep thinking maybe I should re-try the Peroxy, because maybe it wasn't that bad? Maybe if I tried a different color? Or with thick socks to add some texture? We'll see... 

Hope you had a great Thursday!




2 comments:

  1. Yay I'm glad you like your necklace. Sadly I didn't get a PA, but I did get one on your other present! Yay!

    And double Yay for getting Rock Band 3. It's all kinds of awesome, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen, oh bummer---I'm glad you got one PA though! Rock Band 3 is super fun! Even better with a keytar, I bet.... :)

    ReplyDelete