Sunday, November 28, 2010

OOTD: Vest(ival) Festival

I hope everyone had a fantabulous Thanksgiving like I did! I only wish I could have spent more time with my family before our vacation was over! We pretty much ate and ate and ate.....and watched the Patriots win.....ate and ate and ate....and watched Punkin Chunkin 2010 for a few hours....and then ate some more.

We drove home on Friday, so we didn't get to do any Black Friday shopping. So tonight, I am gearing up for Cyber Monday.

Well....actually, I'm not. At the moment, I'm burnt out on shopping, and my stuffed closet is starting to really get on my nerves. Endless.com has a great deal if you're looking to stock up on some shoes ($30 off $100; $60 off $200; $100 off $300), and it's already active on their Website. I'm going to spend the rest of the night trying to maximize my savings, because Endless must know that a lot of these shoes are going to be returned (in effect, cancelling out a lot of the customer savings). I am still looking for oxfords and maybe a cute lace-up wedge bootie.

I'm also hoping that J.Crew will have a good sale with a percentage off AND free shipping, so I can buy my Donegal tweed pants and maybe a cashmere sweater....Otherwise, I'll avoid most other retailers because I'll either A.) want to buy things I don't really need, or B.) see my previous purchases at a much cheaper price. Neither scenario makes me smile.

This weekend, I was all about comfort but it was a little chilly so I relied on warm vests for added layers. This first outfit (from today) features my new Limited puffer vest. The fur collar is detachable, and though it tickled my face a little, it made the vest seem much more luxe. I tried the size Small first, thinking I wouldn't want it to be too bulky, but it was too short. So I took my regular Medium.

(Limited puffer vest, Limited white Tee, LOFT jeans, Miz Mooz boots)

My second outfit (from Saturday) features my Old Navy fleece vest. I bought this black vest last year and really love it. So a few days ago, I bought this year's version in white and carbon grey. :) I also wore my new American Eagle men's plaid flannel shirt (size small). The Website says this color is "AE Blue," but it's most definitely grey/black/white. This outfit was completely utilitarian, because we had our second Thanksgiving of the year (this time with Husband's family!) and I didn't know whether Husband's 10-year-old nephew would want to go hiking in the woods behind their house. (It was too cold! We ended up playing Angry Birds!)


(ON black fleece vest, AE plaid men's shirt, LOFT jeans, Miz Mooz boots, Ann Taylor pearl earrings)

3 comments:

  1. You look so cute in your vests!

    I finally got a J.Crew perfect tee while shopping with mom AND we got a little surprise for you too (did she tell you?) Can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello...I just found your blog link and wanted to say HI:) Great outfit...love the vest with plaid...Im your new follower...nice to meet you:)

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Statements in Fashion Blog♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi collette! thanks for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete