Saturday, December 4, 2010

OOTD: First Snow

Today we had the first substantial snow of the season. Yay!

My mom and I went Christmas shopping earlier this morning, and the good news is that she found almost everything on her gift list. The bad news? I only purchased one gift, and then realized that I forgot to include about four people on my list in the first place, so I actually made negative progress. I'm awesome like that.

These photos are not the best in the world, but I am blogging them because they have a good back-story.

Husband and I were at Dunkin Donuts getting our pumpkin lattes earlier today, and I was telling him about how I'll never really have a good blog because all the really popular bloggers take gorgeous pictures in exotic-looking locales, usually with their photographer husbands. (I know, right?---whine, whine, whine) But, anyway, he immediately stopped the car in the back of the parking lot and said, "Let's do this. Give me your phone."

He's so sweet! And, what can I say about the experience? Well, it was about as awful as I imagined it would be! LOL. Husband left the car on and running, I ran to my spot in front of an empty field and stood awkwardly for a minute or so while he snapped two quick shots. Then we dashed back into the car and sped off like a bunch of no-good troublemakers.

(Old grey coat, LOFT striped scarf, LOFT white tee, AE navy v-neck sweater, 
J.Crew toothpick cords in ochre, Miz Mooz boots)

Three cheers for awkward fun with Husband! Maybe this photo-taking thing just takes a little practice.....or a little talent.....or just a whole lotta chutzpah! 

I'm working on it.... :) 

1 comment:

  1. Wow can't believe you guys got snow already!

    It was heading our way early this morning but I think it's warmed up enough that we're in the clear for now.

    I'm excited to take my blog on the road too and do some "on location" photo shoots! Yay!

    ReplyDelete