Tuesday, December 14, 2010

OOTD: Workout Apparel

I haven't had many OOTD posts lately because my camera is off getting repaired, and I can only take pictures of myself with my phone in my warped skinny-mirror. And although I personally love to look at myself in my warped skinny-mirror; it somehow feels like a lie to try to pass off its depictions as truthful OOTDs! LOL.

It's also been bitterly cold lately so it's hard to give any kind of priority to fashion when you're just struggling to keep warm.

So instead of my regular outfits, I decided to show you some of my favorite workout apparel in the cold weather. I teach dance aerobics classes a few times a week, and I used to always wear NY&Co. black pants. I saw these WorkItOut tights on Athleta's Website a while back and thought they looked adorable with skirts on top, so on a whim, I bought a pair and a few skirts. And what can I say....true love!

I got Size Medium, and they fit perfectly. The length is great for me---nice and long. I'm about 5'6 and they cover up my entire leg, but can be "scrunched up" to be a little shorter if you prefer. They also come in Petite and Tall. They're very thick, warm and surprisingly comfortable! They pack you in, yes, but you don't have to do the "wiggle" to get them on or anything. There's a drawstring in the inside waistband so you can tighten them more if you need to. Their availability fluctuates, but I ordered a couple of reflective pairs that are on backorder till January. I'm hoping they restock because these will be my new go-to winter workout pants.

The Printed Powermesh CYA skirt I'm wearing is also a size Medium. There's not much to it (kind of just a swath of fabric), but the length is nice and it doesn't get in the way of my movement. I also got it in the blue jungle kitten colorway, though I find that colorway kind of hard to match with my current selection of tank tops.  The yellow tank top and black jacket are both from NY&Company. The shoes are Ryka Studio D Mid, Size 9.5, my go-to workout shoes. I also have them in black.

 


In this second set of pictures, I'm wearing the same bottoms but I layered two tops---because it was freezing! I later sort of regretted this while working out, but I appreciated it when I walked outside again. I wish there were more short-sleeve options for workout apparel. Tanks are cute, but sometimes it's nice to just wear a semi-fitted T-shirt. I layered this Athleta top over an Old Navy green sleeveless tank that's got great longer length. 

I highly recommend Athleta workout gear, even though they're pricey. Their items wear really well, and they're unique. 

Unfortunately, by the time items hit sale, the sizes and best colors are usually pretty picked over. They have had a few 20% full-price sales this holiday season, and if you see one again, jump on it! Even though Athleta is now part of the promotion-heavy Gap companies, Athleta is rarely included in company-wide promotions.

Here are a couple of other items I'd recommend from Athleta.

Chakra Tank (I really like this top in Size Medium, but I have to wear a sports bra for support underneath, so it kind of ruins the pretty back design.)

Pizzazz Tank (I haven't bought this one, but it looks sleek and still has some great colors left!)

Sleeveless Twist Top (I got this in green size Medium, which is no longer available, but there's still pink and blue. The long length is great, and it's one of my favorites. The fabric is thick and stretchy, which is a plus.)

Paisley Diamond CYA Skirt (I got a size Small because it was the biggest size left. It's short, but it fits. And I got lots of comments about the cute glittery diamonds!)

Nusa Rollover Skirt (I got a Size Medium. At first, I thought it was kind of tight, but after I wore it a few times, it wasn't bad so maybe it stretches a little? I got the sky blue color, and it's so comfy. You could live in this skirt! You can roll the top up or down to change the length, and there are so many pretty colors left.)

Oh, and here are my puppies. Happy Tuesday! 

1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I think I will leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    beup.com/cart

    ReplyDelete