Thursday, February 3, 2011

All Choked Up

I've often heard of people who hate wearing things close to their neck---scarves or turtlenecks, for example----because they feel like they're being choked.

I happen to be of the opposite persuasion. Because I hate baring my neck, especially when it's cold outside. During college, I literally wore Victoria Secret ribbed turtlenecks every day. After I wore them all into the ground, I began to think that the only way to keep my neck warm was to wear a T-shirt or a sweatshirt, i.e. something with a high crew neck. But now I realize that I can wear low-cut tops and just tie a scarf around my neck! Hooray! This realization has definitely helped me to have more fun getting dressed when the weather isn't the best.

Unfortunately...my neck idiosyncrasy follows me into bed, too. Ever since I was little, I always had to sleep with the covers over my neck to ward off any vampire-type monsters. Even in the middle of summer, I have to at least have a light sheet tucked up to my chin. Unfortunately, the other night, Docker was sleeping at the bottom of our bed and I couldn't pull the sheets all the way up where I would like! It turned into quite the restless night for me. It didn't help matters that Husband had a cold and he kept making scary noises (think The Grudge) in his sleep. My only recourse was to elbow jab him in the ribs every time he started up again (and then to play dead so he couldn't yell at me). Maybe he'll just think it was a dream??

This outfit features one of my favorite Christmas presents this year! It's my J.Crew sweater in soft peacock from my wonderful sis at Princess of Taylor. I love this blue color, and it's so comfy. Thanks, sis! :)

J.Crew La Femme Cardigan in Soft Peacock (from my sister!), Old Navy grey leopard-print tank top,
Canterbury Trousers, Old Navy grey/white scarf, Tommy Hilfiger brown mid-calf boots

4 comments:

  1. LOL at the grudge noises...I hate those! I am one of those people who feels like turtlenecks are trying to strangle me. I wish I could wear scarves like you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LC!---I'm glad I'm not alone with the Grudge! That whole movie gives me the creeps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you hit the nail on the head as to why I rarely wear turtlenecks or scarves. I actually love the idea of a scarf, and admire people who do wear them, but I never seem to reach for them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! So pretty! And LOL about covers up to your chin - I totally do that too!

    ReplyDelete