Monday, February 21, 2011

Red Plaid, Blue Plaid

I just discovered my love for flannel. Supplemented by a love for plaid.

I got both of these shirts from American Eagle last month, and I've seriously worn them both about 50 times already. (Don't do the math. It will only frighten you.) They're men's shirts (size small), and although they're cut a little too straight for my hips, the longer length makes up for any snugness. Because I can actually tuck them in without them coming undone!

I find that women's button-up shirts are often cut way too curvy/fitted for my liking. It's like, I know I'm a woman, I don't need my shirt to constantly remind me. And we all know that women are shaped in all different ways so the odds of comfortably fitting into a woman's shirt is drastically reduced. Men's shirts, all the way, people. Trust me.

This post also has the pleasure of debuting my new haircut! I've never really had a haircut that I love (excepting, of course, the haircut I got at my grandma's house when I was about 9, and we went to some hairstylist school, and they gave me a free black velvet scrunchie and braided my hair. Score!) But I lucked out this time and ended up really liking this haircut. These two pictures were from Day 1 and Day 2, so of course I haven't been able to replicate this beautiful flat-ironed do. BUT, the good thing about this haircut is that if I pull my hair back in a ponytail (which is what I end up doing 90% of the time anyway), and just flat-iron my bangs, then it actually looks presentable---hooray!

American Eagle men's plaid flannel shirt, Limited silver belt,
Canterbury Trousers, Tommy Hilfiger brown midcalf boots

American Eagle men's  plaid flannel shirt,
Loft jeans, Gola women's harrier green sneakers
In other news, I have been enjoying wearing my Gola bright-green sneakers simply for the funny reactions. My dad laughed and shook his head when he saw them. My dentist "oohed" and said I must be getting ready for St. Patrick's Day. They're also very comfortable; even though I had never previously heard of Gola, I would definitely recommend them if you're ever interested in a pair of sneaks.

1 comment:

  1. ACK your hair looks so cute! I love it! You should definitely try to train yourself to style it every day!

    I like the flannel/plaid too. I really like the look of those shirts, but I feel like I'm either channeling a cow girl or a Seattle grunge rocker when I try to wear anything in that pattern! LOL

    ReplyDelete